Currently, my five top writing resources:
- Writing Excuses. This podcast rocks. Professional authors, relevant information, no fluff, just the meat of what good writing is.
- The Business of Being a Writer. Jane Friedman’s Facebook group is invaluable to prepare me for professional publication, electronically or otherwise.
- Scrivener. There’s no doubt this writing tool has organized my writing and increased my productivity.
- Absolute Write. This website forum is massive with very active members. It’s helped answer wide-ranging questions, given me a way to hone my critiquing skills, provided a mechanism for others’ input to my work, and much more.
- Google. Yes, okay, it’s ubiquitous. But, it’s still so very useful. How do I use it?
- Google Search: writer’s workshops, the difference between alpha and beta readers, whether or not making water from hydrogen and oxygen in space is better than collecting ice and melting it… and so much more.
- Google Drive, principally to share writing excerpts for critique, or to critique others’ work
- Google mail. I have an account just for my writing, including newsletters that I subscribe to.